MADE FROM 100% RECYCLED COLOURED YARNS
Our ties are manufactured here in the UK using Eco-recycled yarns.
1. Bottles are recovered from waste recycling bins and sorted.
2. Bottles are cleaned and converted into Polymer chips made of 100% PET Bottles.
3. The recycled chips are then converted into high performance recycled polyester yarns.
4. Yarns are then dyed to specific shades.
5. Yarns are woven here in the UK into fabric.
6. Fabric is manufactured into the ties here in the UK.
The yarns used are manufactured by a mechanical process and not a chemical one, to transform bottles into a polymer.
The use of recycled polyester, which requires fewer processing stages, means less energy is used during the production process.
The yarn can be dyed at the spinning stage which avoids wasting water.
The production process is 100% traceable.
The recycled yarn has the following certifications:
Oeko-Tex cert no. 005339.O Centrocot
Global Recycle Standard - Textile Exchange
Life Cycle Assesment